Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
I love Benny Lava
Watch the video and tell me if you agree with me now...
Go Benny Lava!!
Living La Vido Loco
- That said - I do have a lot to be grateful for.
I have a job and am paid well enough to live quite comfortably.
- I have a car, the tool of freedom from this lil town I live in.
- A few but fine quality friends, I am lucky to have met great and stoic people.
- A caring girlfriend. It has been about a month but she is very caring and a joy to be around.
- Learning and experience. Being a teacher I am learning all the time what works and what doesn't. I am gaining much experience from this time in Poland and I did before in Moscow. Who knows - next maybe be Spain or Italy!
So there are my top five reasons to be cheerful - But really, inner happiness as I was reminded just this morning, is an inner personal decision. You just have to decide that glass is half full and love it!
Obi - My glass is empty - but he waiter is bring a full one right now! Ciao.
Monday, November 19, 2007
I did submit to the fab of Youtube - who can stop with just one video?
Turin Brakes were a band from my past I came across, some of you will already know them. I saw them at the corner in Melbourne, a great venue and a singularly fantastic show... My fave videos are below...
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Beginnings and endings
Regret and remorse play on my mind as I replay the last rays before the sun set. Again and again I replay and hope for a differnt outcome but there was never to be one... no matter how hard I tried or prayed.
Obi tired and back aching but thinking...
2008 Next Contract
- have a smaller project based on the last project in size and venue, this will not start until March and I think will have a third of the size this project had.
- will be a bold, if not extremely unattractive plan to spend a day in each of 4 or 5 neighbouring towns per week, 4+ hours a day and more than 25km away. So the native teacher he will find. must drive everyday to a town and teach.
I am not sure about you but I am certainly not going to be that lil bunny. Sure I have a car and all but I hate commuting - especially in a country I don't know and the extra time it will take from my sacred leisure time. I have a good solid contract with a company here and a few loyal one 2 one business students that will keep me working until next september at least to about 28 - 30 hours a week.
I have a good mate in the wilds of Ukraine that is dogging me to take up with him and work in the historical and cultural city of Ukraine. The money is better, the food is better and the women are... well... just beyond gorgeous. But I have worked in Russia and I would not be looking forward to having to learn Russian again and to have to read the signs etc. No matter how good the money is and how accomodating the local culture. I would seriously have to revise my plan of moving WEST in europe.
A special Hello to an intrepid Laura G - She is planning to set sail on a new adventure soon and go back to Italy and teach. With any luck I will see you there - hA! Poland is nice and all but there is little that will hold me here, I am looking for a comfortable job and good mone and far better fooood!
Obi Better Polish his Italian... now where did she gooo... hahahah
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Now and Then
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
...and then what happened?
Saturday, November 10, 2007
The Blue Angel!
- my car broken down and now is repaired.
- My new whiz-bang External Hard drive chucked a wobbly and scrabbled all my files. My WORK files. So I bought software to recover these and I have recovered only 25% if these precious pearls! This problem is two fold, The laptop has been worked like a dog for 16 months and is badly overheating often and automatically shutting down when it hits critcial temperature. I also think it is cracking under the strain I put it under. So it isnt burning files reliably anymore and the CPU is likely cactus... So new laptop maybe the answer. I do have a loan from the office of a work laptop, but it isn't mine and so installing files isn't ideal.
- My Sony Ericsson 750i is just on dead, the joystick is broken and I often can't retrieve messgaes or send em or anyfin! So I need a new phone, but what to buy? Maybe I should go to the city to a Media Markt store and look around, it is a one stop electronics shop...
At the end of the day it is aaaaaaaall money.... Damn and I wanted to save some...
Obi on the ropes but still on the ball...
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Bad News! JAPAAAAAAN!
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Tale Tales & True - Trust
Blue dawn, cold day feels like Sunday
But there's no rest for some
No pain, no gain....
Into that wishing well on a hill
By her summer house...
Saturday, November 03, 2007
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it!