Saturday, November 03, 2007

Daze Off

It has beeeeen wonderful to have a few days off to do absolutely nothing. In fact, I have barely left the house. The outside world doesn't interest me today or yesterday or tomorrow, school, work and alike will come soon enough to shatter my peace.
The weather has turned cold and the wind more confident, the average day is 10c and the wind chill if any would be lower.
This weekend was a holiday in Poland, All Saints Day, it is the time of year that family gathers together to go to the cemetery place flowers on graves and light candles and say prayers for the dead. - So the only person they speak to at the cemetery is the dead person who is unable to communicate back... Ironic.
Personally I prefer Mexico's traditional celebration about it all. It is a happy time that in their view as I understand, the dead are allowed back for one day and the families celebrate the reunion - No postcards tho - Bummer.
My personal view on holding on to the dead is that I don't. I let them free to move upwards and onwards, I will join them in my own time. Any severe sadness or grief of their loss would keep them from moving on, so I let me sadness go and wish them well on their journey to greater happiness and joy... because they also have family waiting for them over there anyway...
I don't need a day to think about a lost loved one, I do it if something comes to mind that reminds me of them. I don't need a place to go to do this like a cemetery because the human spirit is free of the constraints of the 4 dimensions we live in; it can be everywhere at once. We can only perceive this existence as an abstract based on our limited experience of only 4 dimensions.
WOW - Listen to me - rambling on!
It is quite strange here. Polish people are on the whole quite timid and shy. I would go as far as to say insular, until they know you. But in no amount of familiarity will it occur to them to invite you to a holiday celebration. No I don't mean All Saints Day, I mean in general, the Christmases and the Easters and Summer Holidays. The people you see twice a week for hours at a time, who you learn with and laugh with and become friends with will never make the mental leap after they have asked you about what you will do on such holidays to actually open their own doors to you - the solitary Australian in the midst of the sea of Poles... I am not griping here nor am I bitter -I am just penning a point that has been swilling around in my head for many months.
My car is in the shop, I was going to take it to the mechanic the day after I bought it, to have it checked out anyway, but I didn't have time. So I will get a fully inspection report and a few things fixed and a whiole heap of peace of mind...
Penny is off in Warsaw with her sister for the holidays, So I will see her when she returns. Its odd that I have only know her for a few weeks and seem to know her so well now... Tho we only started dating last week.
Obi Distracted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...