Monday, November 19, 2007

Bedridden

What to do in bed for 2 days straight? Well I could be like every other fad-monger and Facebook my day away - but to be honest I like the creative and artistic freedom of my web page better...
I did submit to the fab of Youtube - who can stop with just one video?
Turin Brakes were a band from my past I came across, some of you will already know them. I saw them at the corner in Melbourne, a great venue and a singularly fantastic show... My fave videos are below...
Save Me "you said you'd always fall for the underdog..."
Long Distance "I let somebody under my skin, long distance losing is all that I've seen."
Emergency 72 "All my colours bleed for you, can't you see them running?"
A friend said recently in a frank conversation that my blog is miserable. Don't worry someone else told me the same just 2 months before. I suppose my understanding of this is that my writing is my venting. Forming the swirls of incongruities into some form and expelling them through writing them, a mental enema if you will...
I had wanted this to be a page that was about funny and quirky observations and funny incidences, sure my life is full of those, but I am sure not everyone would see my funny as their funny... So to you my friend, all I can do is try and be entertaining as well as share my thoughts...
Yesterday I went on a short Jaunt with Penny out of town in a direction I have never been before. We went to an old stone built long house and inside was a restaurant and they had some really nice food. We chatted and laughed and then went for a long walk and ended up all warm on the sofa staring out at the cold and forming fog and spoke quietly over tea. A nice afternoon all around.
This morning at 4am I woke up and felt like a horse kicked me. since then I have been in agony and in bed. I emailed all the relevant people and went back to try and sleep. so here I am dear readers. in bed - in Jimjams and bed socks typing madly away...
Yellow is good - Red is bad...
OBI

1 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

1) Monty Python! Sweeeet!

2) I actually subscribe to your blog; it feeds into my yahoo page (RSS, or whatever . . .). I am notified with your headline that you have written something new (and how long it has been posted) I've been a subscrber for--well, a long time--

3) I like that the note at the top right is a little nicer now :).


mariah

7:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...