Sunday, March 02, 2008

Single Again

Life can spin on a dime. Every time I say that to myself it means something different and so too this. I am now the proud owner of a slightly used singularity. YesH, I am single again. Not through any will of my own mind you, just throught the sheer act of WTF... yes, wft is a new god on the block, showing bling and doing his thing... I am single - and it barely took a second look to see it was all gone. Sure there were lots of things I would change etc... as we all would but I have also learned that everything is perfect the way it is.
Can I say the same about the knock back I got this evening from a woman I have been pinning over for the better part of 13 months??? It wasn't a real proclaimation of my feelings nor was it a reall kick in the guts in reply from her. I still adore her, she is an amazing person and wonderful in ways I will not bore my dear readers with. Still a knock back is a knock back and I have to suck it up and smile. (nobody cares if I sob or cry 'woe is me' anyway, so I gotta suck it up and save the tears for another day.)
I sat at home today alone and more comfortable and at ease than I was in the bar tonight waiting for my friends to come. It was 11.20pm when they arrived and as I discovered it was because of a wedding between 2 1/2 lovebirds I knew. I was so happy to see them and the shine in their eyes. It's been so long now since I hoped that that shine would be mine, I hardly recognised it.
Life spins on a dime - THANK FUCK for devaluing exchange rates... Obi, tripping over his bottom lip... But who cares eh?

5 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

Hey, I care!

You're amazing and strong just to be living OS. It takes courage and strength of character. I wish I had half of your guts, Obi. Your insight and self-awareness are unlike any other I've encountered.

Hang in there, mate. I have a strong feeling you'll come out on top...

2:00 pm  
Blogger Obi Won Kenardly said...

Wow Gaijin Girl - that would have to be the single most encouraging and flattering comment I have ever recieved... Thanks I feel 10 feet tall. I just got a job offer in Germany for the end of March but this contract doesnt finish til end of June so I am in an ethical dilemma. Thanks again - HUGS

7:04 pm  
Blogger raindog71 said...

What gaijin girl said.

And hey, enjoy singleness. You kept telling me to get out there and just meet people and stuff so I have(honest!).
The RIGHT one will come along when you least expect it. Be patient, it will happen. :)

8:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes hugs all round for you. Your heart wasnt in it with that one anyway... focus on gettign the effing heck out of Poland please.
:) KittyKate

7:27 am  
Blogger mariah said...

all of the above is true. :) have a great day!

8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...