Monday, March 10, 2008

Jeopardy in Jermany

Well it seems that after my glowing interview the contract was sent... and after a careful read of it I discover some major anomalies in the pay department. So I sent an email to ask for clarification.
If you read between the lines of this contract it seems as if this company has been fucked around by a few too many teachers and this is reflected clearly in the writing style and protective defensive content of the contract.
Also seems I am required to work or be available (like a fireman) for 6 additional hours of teaching per week. (are they really THAT short of teachers? Is their business really that unstable that they need every teacher (they have many and 9 natives speakers) on the front line at a moments notice?
The discrepancies in the pay rate bothers me, other than the fact the job is false advertising, I have been turned off this job quite a lot and I am very disappointed, I was looking forward to a nice German summer and beer garden sessions.
The hours are so highly regulated that I wonder if I would be going into a prison. All class room changes and time table changes must be done by the administration - well that is a good thing, but in my experience all the admin staff I know are utterly useless and I would have sacked 80% of the ones I dealt with in schools in weeks.
Also if I don't submit a detailed course outline to the last minute each day then I don't get paid for it, simple as that. Here I make my own courses usually, and I work and change the hours according to the students needs, but as a stipulation in the business contracts, if they don't notify me of the change in class time (can't attend) within 10 hours of the class, then I will be paid for it regardless. This works well, especially because it shows them what happens if they waste my time and also my time is valuable. Additionally I am not waiting at the end of the table for scraps of their time like a puppy. As it is here I get paid for at least 1 class a week that can't be attended, If you pay for a service (teaching) then you have to understand I am not a call girl.
Obi is waiting on answers...
---
4 hours later I got the email I was hoping for and further details were explained to me. So I am satisfied that it will be a good career move so everything is back on target and I resiging tomorrow, I feel quite sad to do it. I have been part of this town, tho isolated for the past year and I am very lazy and lax now, so I need to smarten up and get myself together.
Even Penny Century said I should go - being that if I still lived in town she wouldn't be able to keep her hands off me! (If she doesnt go to ireland to live) That nice, I like affection!
Obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...