Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cape Disappointment

So. Here is the story so far. I am an Australian that was tired of his life in the land of OZ and started to run low on job options. Despondency jaded my every step and move. One day I discovered a way to escape the hole I had spent so much time digging. Go and live overseas and work and teach English.
Armed with a new found energy and fervour I ploughed through the training and packed up my life and affairs and jumped the first plane to Moscow. A big change for an Aussie boy? Not really. Worked and learnt and taught and had fun for 6 months then fate dragged me to the next exhibit in the gallery of my ironical life, Poland.
Now Poland is a nice place and although any life has its challenges I have set up a simple and effective way to get by modestly. Usually half way through a contract we all hit the waves and dips of expectation and disappointment.
I am currently surfing a nasty rip called anxious apprehension. The swells are as you would expect for this time of year, with waves reaching 1 to 2 metres. My board is waxed with a stubbornness made from many a day surfing here and the board forged from my over idealist, ironic and idiotic pursuit of love and happiness...
Somewhere along way today I have got a wedgy in my board short and it is making the whole thing really shit me... Lets see what tomorrow brings... Surfs up big Cohuna!
Obi need a de-wedging device!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...