Friday, May 11, 2007

A Shaboo Shoobah Thing...

"...What is the name to call for a different kind of girl, who knows the feelings but never the words...?"
I have been listening to Shaboo Shoobah for the last few days. A seminal and formative album for me. I remember it was the first tape (note tape - far before the CD was even imagined) I ever bought and I recall being so excited that I played it in my mother's car on the way home. She had gone to cut the hair of the local plant nursery owner and I sat in the front seat of the car on a hot afternoon listening and revelled in my new found expression.
"...What is the name to call for a different kind of girl, who knows the feelings but never the words...?"
Women I find are strange creatures, often they believe men to be emotionally underdeveloped and brutish in their expression. But I say thee neigh - to borrow from a dead writer from Elizabethan England. I know a great many people and at different times I have observed individual's abilities to express themselves and convey their feelings. Generally speaking, men will not say so much about their feelings, they would rather show a woman by doing the Saint George thing and slaying the dragon and rescuing them from one peril or another. I know one man if fact that would give his beloved flowers every day of their life together, but shockingly, this inept woman whined that he never said I love you to her. Well in fact he did, and does each day.
I understand the female propensity to verbalise and even over verbalise what they think and feel. Studies have shown that women will on average speak 6000 words a day when men will speak only 2800... Personally, in my profession, I speak volumes on a daily basis, whether I want to or not. So it may be that men are more directed in their speech and women have a different understanding of the superfluous. Who knows... Who cares... Women will always complain that their prince charming has put his sword away and has sat down with a beer and are now watching football... Come on, you try and hold a sword all day and look dashing all the time... It aint easy. Ironically, the dragon we slay very often turns into the woman we love... But I digress...
... easy. Emotionally absent. ...and fellas, if she is, your swinging your sword for nothing. So put it away and go watch the football till the phone rings... Peace mah Brothas!
Obi knows the name...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i left some hot shrimp packet soup in a bowl for you! just as i promised!!! wanna drop in now? ;-)

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...