Saturday, May 12, 2007

Oh No! I'm Human!

I was set straight, in rather an abrupt fashion, as is the trademark behaviour of this particular Polish teacher.
She had heard back from our shared students that I had spoken poorly about a co-teacher to students. Yes - I was wrong and I see that I have transgressed and crossed the line. A stupid thing to do in hindsight, but all things are stupid in hindsight aren't they?
As my dear readers know I had a tough week last week. Being that I had a few issues that I wanted to vent and a shoulder to lean on. I found none but a kick in the guts... This particular Polish teacher is most commonly unavailable. Regrettably and unconsciously I resorted to letting out my complete disgust on another teachers behaviour, which I still find utterly reprehensible.
He crashed a wedding party which one of his students was a guest at and proceeded to ingratiate himself on the hosts and guests alike, got very drunk on their vodka and as the party finished proceeded to vulture all the food remaining on the tables and wrap it up and bring it home.
Now as hungry as I was last week, no money no food and all, I still would not even look at the food he scavenged.
I don't tell this story to avoid the fact I crossed a line in making the serious error of confiding in students my disgust. I accept this and also had it shoved down my throat by this Polish teacher.
She has decided in her wisdom not to continue a friendship with me because of it. I am disappointed that I transgressed, but we are all human and make mistakes. But her extreme decision is what shocked and hurt me the most.
She has the right to do as she likes. Usually I find her to be overbearing and the sort of person that has to tell you everything that doesn't sit well with her any time when it happens, not in any sensitive or diplomatic fashion as you would expect from someone in their mid thirties, but it a rather abrupt insensitive way. I don't like this quality about her but I accept her and manage that side of her when I am exposed to it. At least I don't give up on friendships as readily as she seems to.
Obi's Human - what a news flash!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear friend, this was not the wisest thing to do to confide in your ss!!! i don't know how it works in aussie but never do it here!! you ss are friends but they also cheat easily! believe me, i know what i'm talking about... ehhh

GOOD LUCK AND SPEAK SOON! ;-)

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...