Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Back into the routine

The last week gave me too much time to do nothing and so spiral off into boredom. This week I am back to teaching and a schedule that I have a structure within... Thank god!
I confronted my housemate about being a miserable alcoholic insomniac and he took the news as if it were a surprise to him. After the first 4 minutes of the discussion he smirked which was a signal to me he had stopped listening. I begged him again not to wander around the house until 4am because I am a light sleeper and he wakes me up with his business shoes on the tiles and dropping things and stumbling around drunk and swearing uncontrollably... etc. But the out to lunch sign had popped up in his eyes and that was that.
Today is payday for me and I will be keen to get some money as I ate the last morsel of food I had yesterday. Today is water and packet soup.
Valuable reminders have come from the lack of cash and substantial food as you would expect and I am not about to let them go.
I will be starting a severe saving regime that will last until the end of summer. I had expected a visitor for the summer but the likelihood these days is far less than slim. I have to be philosophical I guess. I have nothing else left, no hope at all.
I asked yet another friend for their ear and a shoulder to lean on but, as with the pattern with most people, as soon as you start into that line of conversation they quickly rip the rug out from under you and start a soliloquy about themselves or as they see it a similar issue they recovered from that you are supposed to glean some wisdom from. The art of just plain old listening is lost these days. I need to get a dog, at least it will listen.
Obi back in bed, avoiding the day ahead...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there,
Sounds like your having a hard time. My ears are always on and I promise not to move the run. Email me and we can chat.
Love, Carolyn

5:29 pm  
Blogger Obi Won Kenardly said...

Thanks for the support sweetie, so happy to hear from you, I shall email soon OBI

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...