Friday, April 20, 2007

Desperadoski

Well it was a long day on the way back from London, I flew straight into the airport and through customs and immigration in 6 minutes flat, thank god for priority boarding passes! I flew to the taxi and in broken polish told him I wanted to go to the central bus terminal and then a flew out of the car and into the ticket office - I wheezed my destination and she looked at me dead pan and grey when I asked the time. she didnt understand me at first then pointed up at the board... I had 2 and ahalf hours to wait... Damn!
My phone battery was dead and the I had no credit. I could find no internet cafe and so I was stuck and could not call my boss o tell him I was going to be late - Double Damn!!
So I sat and sat and sat in the bright warm sunshine and waited and waited... The a 3 hour bus ride home and then to the bus terminal at the other end, headlong into a taxi and then to school, where I caught the tailend of my first class.
The classes all finished and I was exhausted, I headed with my bags to the local drinking establishment to give gifts of Ginernut cookies and have a beer.
After beer 3 I was watching the town biggest criminal face first in the bar too drunk to lift his head. Speaking up close and personal to the wooden bar with his face in drool... The fact that he has no teeth and a tattoo on his face is quite endearing I find usually. He used to hug and full mouth kiss The Oxford lad and he would run and squeal after it, as anyone would, coz he ain't a prietty picture. Anyway, I digress.
Then he fell off the stool and hit the ground like a sack to criminal potatoes... stunned, then crawled up against the cruel mistress gravity and staggered to the next room. A little later I saw him asleep in the middle of the cold tiled floor and the bar owner wasn't gonna wake him, she is terrified of him on a normal day, really he is a sweet fellow, misunderstood - maybe...
Anyway, time passes as it does and the next thing I see is he is having a grumpy chat with a nefarious mate of his, this I watch as I tend to do a lot of watching these days, suddenly within the space of 3 seconds Mr Desperadoski has a pistol out of his pocket and is jamming in downwards into the eye socket of his companion all quite Tarantio and serious.... I stood up and walked away quickly, half amused half shocked.
I collected my things and thought I should go shopping and home - so I did...
The story ended well but there was more than one gun in that place as the Police discovered. Ah The culture the history the nightlife of a small town...

Obi laughin on the outside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...