Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fighting And 'Snot Giving Up

Thursday - reminds me of that Morphine song... The weather is a mild 8c and not windy, which is quite good, but I don't really care.
Today I got unsolicited and unwelcome advice from 2 people at work that I respect but know nothing about teaching... they have complaints or whinges from students...
"He doesnt give us home work from the work book" - Yes he does but not all the time because people work
"He doesn't teach from the book all the time." - I can't always teach from the book if you gits just dont get the point of the lesson after 90 minutes - we need extra material to review the point of the lesson or even the LAST lesson.
"He talks too fast." - I talk at a normal to slow pace with vocabulary and sentence structure expected from the level in the class. If you are tired or can't be bothers concentrating in the lesson as you usually do, well don't blame me...
Now this gets back to reception as you would expect it should, but do they relay info to the Senior Teacher so they can tell you about what has been said and or suggest what recourse to take (because they are experienced and know). No!!
It goes from reception all through the school then the people that know you but don't know your job wanna tell you how to do your job via the evil SHOULD word,,, Now anyone that knows me - knows that they can press my buttons in seconds by starting into a chat with SHOULD. Best intentions and all, but you know what they say about the road to hell...
So I started the day with lethargy and sniffles from my cold and then after 2 internet chats 30 minutes after I got outta bed I have 2 people give me unwelcome advice from the kindness of their heart and ruined my - "...get thru the day" mood and turn it into "you aren't teaching well enough to be a teacher and you need to do 300%" mood.
So I had a crap day, I got to work late afternoon, as I was supposed to, andtold the senior teacher - an advocate for the right channels as I am, and he went off like a volcano at the people involved even tho I asked him repeatedly not to. Coz sometimes you just have to vent and then you are okay... nooo. He went right upstairs and took chunks outta the well meaning but incorrect people. So I looked like a dickhead or spineless or both...
God I need a holiday...
Obi Sniffling but not dead...

1 Comments:

Blogger raindog71 said...

Awww..well geez, that sucks. I know where I work it can be like being back in highschool, people talk and say shit they really have no business saying.

I know it's annoying but some people just cannot help themselves, they get off on it for whatever reason. If they make you look bad, maybe the upper management won't notice that they aren't pulling their weight.

Needless to say I can relate.

1:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...