Saturday, October 21, 2006

Down and out in Beverley Hills

It has been a while since my last entry, to be honest life has been a handful, my workload has increased to its maximum and I have to go all over Moscow some days to students by the Metro, which at its best times is crowded, at its worse, impossible to traverse.
The weather here has changed for the colder, and my mood seems to have followed it. I find that so many things frustrate me, so many thing confuse me and I am no closer to understanding many of the ways of things here than I was sitting in a recliner at home in Melbourne.
Perhaps, as I 'lead' myself to believe, it is all part of the adjustment process.
  1. The wonder and excitement of being in a new country - city - career.
  2. The acceptance that this is now my home and as I grow familiar with the many daily oddities. This stage I am discovering is fraught with tests and disappointments. The betrayal and the blithe apathy of the people around me, namely my employers and the staggering lack on basic information communicated. The misunderstandings and the incomprehensions of the need for logic and processes.
  3. The final stage, as I envision it, is to accept what is around me and see the perfection in the folly. This I can say and write but cannot yet concieve of. Wish me luck readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...