Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Change In The Weather

A mild front had enveloped Moscow and as a result the weather is a cool 14c and almost t-shirt weather. My mood has passed and I will get some cold and flu tablets to cope with the runny nose.
New classes abound as old ones end. The opportunity that comes from a new class is a new bunch of students all keen to learn and the opportunity of hindsight. The fact that I have not taken too many classes means that the ends are good and I am sure my next students will gain more from better teaching.
Seem to be eating a heap of Japanese lately... No - not the people, tho I have seen a few tours here. I mean the food, quite the fad here in Moscow actually and I have a nice restaurant close to home whose name translates to "Just Sushi", but the menu is vast. I have been going there with the Skipper and Delboy a lot lately and had a few meals there with new friends.
I am loving the cable internet, I don't watch TV or buy DVD's because of the possibility that contain no English, so much of my video entertainment is off the net, The skipper absolutely loves silent movies of any kind. Also a wide variety from the 30's - 50's. I must say I had a dallience with classic cinema when I was young and I do like an old time romance or comedy, it's true, they don't make em like they used to...
We need new teachers here badly, since the abrupt exit of a man I will refer to as le Pounce, we have been cut short. So I will have new classes and old classes.
I know my way around Moscow pretty much now and Delboy and the Skipper LOVE the symphony and all that - Del has a past in professional national symphonies of one sort of another, so he is pleased by the abundance and the sheer quality of the place.
My goal is to get to know the people. Understand the Russian Mind... It may take my sanity to do... But I must try... Also thinking about Kiev for Christmas and Vilnius for Easter! Eastern Europe at my fingertips...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...