Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sundaze

Today was introduced to me through a bad nights sleep. I dunno why I fight to sleep - if I can't I shouldn't. I have been very dehydrated in the last few weeks, I think it is the heating in the places I live and work, water radiators and alike. Maybe I haven't got a clue, but made the effort over the last few weeks to drink more water. Seems to have helped.
A lazy lunch and then off to the metro to a station in the far north. To see my old friend Lena finally. So with Teddy bear in hand for her daughter and the traditionally gift of flowers I set off for parts unknown.
A lovely afternoon in a real Russian family home and a real Russian family! Lena had her mother and father and niece there for lunch. They all recalled that I had sent Lena a video of me and when I was younger - mostly 16 years younger, I was embarrassed and had forgotten about the video, but I was thought well of by her parents and her niece. We had a good chat and talked like old friends even though we had never met. We had written to each other for many years and then lost contact of each other.
The main reason I took the job in Russia was that I got a job offer the same day that I got a letter out of the blue from her and I thought that it was sign to come here. It has taken me 5 weeks to finally meet her and it was worth the wait.
A good weekend after a week of frustration. Now I am home to cleaning and cooking a little - The skipper is away for a few days and I am decompressing and chillin' in my Domie...
Obi is relaxing a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...