Saturday, June 07, 2008

Students Hills & Love


I have a very difficult hill to climb in a one to one intensive course lots to teach and learn in this subject. But not as difficult as the student has it.
She is smart, bright and quick to learn, she is 18 and wants to enter a major University where most of the classes will be in English. She told me a little of herself, it is best to keep that professional distance, but she told me she lives with her boyfriend. The next class she told me her boyfriend is a great cook and that he is ... 35.
Much like religion or politics, the age gap in relationships is a contentious topic and often sets heart beating fast and faces to go red with strong opinions and anger. How old is too old? I am sure while reading that question you clearly see your answer... and this is correct for you.
But what is correct for others? Many people will often say, love is a mystery or come when you least expect it, or it is what is it etc... so why is age so sensitive a factor for many people?
Sure there is the fact that the older person could be seen to be taking advantage of the younger, this can be, but as I have heard first hand from others, it is often not the case.
Deep and sincere love is difficult to find in any case - look at me, I have spent 25 years spinning around the planet and looked high and low, I found it once but it wasn't mine too keep... So I cannot judge someone who happens to find love outside of an age bracket. I can only wish them well and smile wistfully and keep on my own path.
So to my student, I say good luck with the exams and study. My very best wishes for your future, and may true love surround you and embrace you all your life, no matter how old...
Jurasic-Obi






<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...