Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friends

Now I know I seem to complain a lot on this blog, but weally, I didn’t wealise how much until a friend I chat to stated quite matter of factly that I am a sad sap.
This Blog's express purpose id to get my thoughts out - a detoxifier if you will. I am sorry to those who read and don't come away happy. I will try and polish up my act and be more cheery...
Another friend who has exhibited odd behaviour is my friend from Poland who I will call Ralf. Now Ralf is a German teacher and I have a lot of fun with him in Poland and we hung out at Christmas and Easter - 2 big holidays in Poland. and i appreciate everything he has done, but I must add that I did volunteer to do his homework for his English course, for a lark, and ever since the first time he has been thrusting his homework into my hands and expecting me to do it.
Generally I have time and energy to do this, but on my last day, when he and his wife and son came to wish me a safe journey - there was the ol'- 'by the way' moment where he thrust his latest homework into my hand and said, "something for your trip, my next assignment, due in 5 weeks.'
Now I was a little peeved but like a good friend I took it and smiled and after a 1200km driving into a new country job and life I even tackled it one exhausted Friday night, I got 3 of 5 parts done, (letters to people) then I sat back tired and thought, dammit that will do, he should be able to finish the rest himself, the hard part is finished.
I emailed the work and said as much to him politely saying, here - you can finish the rest. to which I got a reply the next morning stating that he was waiting for the rest to be done. Now I had left the assignment sheet here on the desk at work and the cleaners the diligent devils had thrown it out and I told him this. and said that he will have to do it himself. I apologised appropriately and enough for this and sent the email. The reply was quite short, indignant and shitty. What kind of friend does that??
Has he revealed himself to be the superficial user I suspected him to be? Has the only child syndrome kicked in and the emperor is not happy. I mean, I have asked him for things and he has not done them. I didn't not do his homework on purpose, I was just exhausted and left the rest for him. Please folks - comment on this. Is Obi bad or now seeing a user clearly... The lines are open...
<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...