Friday, May 30, 2008

I Need A Holiday!

Iceland or Liverpool?
Well I have been debating this with one of my colleagues here on where to zip off to for a week. it is really cheap from Frankfurt Hahn airport and it is only 60 mins from me. I am making real currency now - Euros not Zloty and so I can afford things. one being a holiday.
Yes I know some of you are know that I have a huge amount of money to pay out in the next 3 months but i can afford a little something for myself.
Iceland seems like a country of great mystery and wonder. I would really like to see the volcanic flows and the glaciers and the raw nature. I hear the people are really nice and English is the second language. it would be glorious. ho I wouldn't want to go alone... anyone want to come with me??
Liverpool. Now Liverpool has its appeal, the Beatles and ready availablity of fish and chips. Commonly spoken English! I would really like to see some english countryside and a few castles even. I have a musician friend I would like to visit and say hello to in the Bristol area... so this option has a lot of appeal.
The apartment saga continues. I have to wait a little longer before I can move in and have a real reason to go to IKEA. I may have a nice visitor from Australia in a few months. A very Brown visitor. I do hope I can show her the sights and sounds of this wonderful little corner of Germany, the high hills and the castles and the 2 mighty rivers joining in this perfect wine country.
It amazes me how focused I have become. I really have my sights sent on aceing this job, which so far has not been hard. I am a very organised teacher and seem to do okay with the students, I don't know any that don't enjoy my classes. I am keen as mustard (as I recall Ben Ekberg saying quite often - Congrats on the birth of your son by the way!!) to get started on my business degree. I have all the stuff here and I am going to start this weekend... with a beer in one hand and a poetic license in the other - hey which hands are on the keyboard writing the essay masterpieces??!
I am really looking forward to cooking up a storm, I got quite good at cooking in Poland and now I have access to asian spices etc I can now cook want I wanna cook! So all is happening and all is in place for me. there are a few things I would like but that will either happen or not. I am not going looking for them, if they are for me they will find me.
Another odd thing is that I was daydreaming when I was burning up the autobahn I recalled I live in castle road in melb for a while, then in poland I lived in Castle road and now AGAIN I live in castle road.... now that is really odd.
So all is good - I need a bank account andthe bastard who hates Poles to stop smashing my side mirrors on my Polish car... but other than that I have a lust for life!!
Obi Rockin it real-time!!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it.... you're cooking!!?? This from the guy that didnt even own a frying pan!

5:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...