Friday, December 07, 2007

Polish People Cant Park Cars!

I have been living here for just on a year now and I must say my first impression was correct. Polish people could NOT park a car properly to save their lives.
Parallel parking and basic geometry as it applies to courteous parking does not apply in this country, I often see the selfish angles people park on and without regard for the next person who must park next to them... and don't get me started on roadside parking. if there isn't enough room to park behind the car in front, the will park diagonally and wedge the car in, even have the front wheels on the footpath.
Now I can imagine in snow it is difficult to see the lines, but there are some opportunities to observe other symmetrical things in the environment, for example - the wall in front of them. Park flush with the wall in a 180 or 90 degree angle. Nope. seems even in winter Poles are selfish parkers.
On the subject they are know to be terrible drivers too, that I cannot blame on any instructors or the testing procedures, I have not seem or met any, other than read in the paper their standards are low. The roads here in Poland I would say are some of the EU's worst. and an average of 60km/h is barely possible with the pot holes in the pot holes...
regardless of all this, reports have shown that in the UK alone in the last 5 years Poles have cause more accidents that any other nationality. Lithuanians head up the biggest percentage increase but still... Get some self respect and respect for OTHERS on the road...
Obi - tryin ta be str8 in a crooked ass wooorld...
<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...