Saturday, May 19, 2007

1 plus 1 equals 1 - The economics of love

Watch
What does the cowboy get when he plays a country and western record backwards?
His dog is alive. His boss likes him and he has a job. His Truck works... and his woman comes back...
Something For Kate, a fantastic Australian band wrote this song about a year or so ago, it is apt for me today I think.
Lightglobes wash up all along the beach and you light me up with certainty,
Well she calculates coincidence and circumstance and turbulence,
Gotta see what it is and it's everything.
Coz baby can't see through,
all this matter and make up and deja vu,
Yeah we drift here alone with nothing to do,
Until one of us makes the other one come true.
She wants to meet her fate, but travel by free will,
But she can't have both and you can't stand still.
I'd be the luckiest man in the universe if cause and effect doesn't get there first,
But she keeps looking for patterns and the world just happens.
Chorus
She said these questions don't answer like other questions do,
so just let me be here with you.
I have classes today as usual but I am terrified of the replacement teacher organised by my polish co teacher.
Captain sensible will just go in and speak about himself and rave on about rubbish unrelated to the subject and in the second half of the class I will have to pick up the pieces.
Obi understands a lot more about the pressures on the other end and also has some hope back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...