Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Weekend Backtrack

Well my work week is over and my only class for tomorrow, 7.30am was cancelled at 11pm. Fine with me I had a few quiet beers and concentrated on my friends and learning a few more words in Polish.
I heard the 'click' as you do sometimes in life and I have discovered my brain has kicked into Polish and I actually have a better vocabulary than I imagined. That pleases my friends, but I am still feeling a little empty of things I deeply need, though nothing is gonna change on that front so, again in my life, I have to extract myself from the situation that is causing the pain and move on.
My overly verbally expressive co teacher has some serious words with me via SMS today about a class etc. Finally in a taciturn mood I turned up to work to face the wrath and I got a breeze instead of a hurricane. Storm in a tea cup, But it is more about lack of communication than anything. I mean I have to ask students where the co teacher finished and I have to begin. this is common as co teaching is rife with problematic obstacles. Tho my housemate and fellow native speaker is in strife with his co teachers, they are actually going to the boss and speaking to him about the situation. It seems my raving house mate is pathologically incapable of being told anything or cooperating with anyone. He has never followed a curriculum or a book and for an experienced teacher teaches far beyond the comfort level of his students and this is where the problems lie.
A class on Articles (a and the ) he is supposed to complements the good work of his co teacher, but instead regales his bored students with stories about himself or inflammatory topics such as brothels and religious controversy using a vocabulary far beyond the students capability to absorb and understand. He has 6 weeks left and can't be told to stop drinking and won't be told to tow the line and won't be told anything at all... So in as much as I have a soft spot for the fella I will be relieved to see him go.
I need to help the boss find another teacher, someone that understands their place in the big scheme of things, undestands that books and classes need to be modeled, demonstrated and complemented. Someone who doesn't drink to excess everyday and isn't emotionally unstable and imbalanced.
I have a month off in July and so I am at odds as to what to do. I was thinking Spain, a quiet and cheap holiday. Ya never know who will come with me... I could get free lift to Danmark - which would be nice...
Obi's tired but not giving up just yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...