Saturday, January 06, 2007

Severn Daze

It has been a rare week this past 7 daze and I am glad for the escape. The escape from the freezing temperatures, the biting winds and the absence of colour. Tho strange as it may seem I have been deathly ill with a shocking flu virus. Fevers chills weakness the works, but still I was smiling all the way through...
Delboy and I have been heading out quite a bit, making meals together and watching DVD's 'borrowed' from the internet library...
I sent the 3rd with some Armenian friends, old students and new firm friends. They invited me to their home in northern Moscow and lavished table set you rival Aunty Bev in Melbourne bless her heart, tho, the benefit of going to her place at Christmas was that she never kept toasting with vodka and filling my glass to the top again... Boy I got SmAshed! My friends are immigrating to Australia, tho they are well over due for their letter from Australian Immigration.
Yesterday I went to the Tretiakov Modern Gallery Opposite Gorky Park, next to Park Kulturi) where I was blown away at the works, the effort and the forms of many of the Pre-Soviet artists. The quality of the art of the period was amazing and sadly stifled just as Stalins revolution was taking a strangle grip of Russia.
The future is uncertain, I can usually have a sense of visualise snippets but this time I cannot. The visa situation is still a mystery to me and I must hire someone to come with me and help me sort out all the information I need.
Also I need to go to Lufthansa and change my ticket which has been rebooked for me.
Oh, and my bank for some reason has suspended my net access so I cannot access my account and pay my mortgage which is now a week overdue... (that is a whole nuther ball of anxiety right there!)
Obi blowing in the fridgid winds of uncertainty...
P.S. Website will be going through a facelift as the new country approaches... It needs a good Polishing... haha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! did you take that picture when you were smashed? . . . it actually quite good.

10:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...