Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Poland

Well it has been decided - actually a week ago - that I will be going to work in Poland.
I had a few job offers, Serbia, Romania and here in Moscow but I.. Just... Think the Polish job was best out of the lot. ...'Sides, I hear Polish chicks are cute!
Christmas came and went and made no sound. I worked all Christmas day and had a nice lunch with Delboy, a somber occasion as we both knew we were missing out on all the good things such as sunshine and familiar faces, but we had a nice meal and then back to work.
My hours this week are down to 12 because classes are winding up for the year and students have better things to do that go to English classes, shopping for gifts and saving cash etc... I feel useless and hopeless at work. Seems that place is going the the dogs. Since the 'Nik' came back to town. Ginger I hear through the grapevine is pregnant - congrats 6 months married and happier now than ever - she has yet to tell anyone at all, I know by accident. Also Maryanne is leaving too, she will put her great sales skills and huge cleavage into action selling houses and real estate. Good luck to her. Seems that she and her man broke up tho, he left class tonight alone and she looked rather gray and maudlin. Life is full of ups and downs, as we all know, I am sure she will bounce back, with a new richer man to dote on her (that isn't married)
So the cast on this Gilligans Island will be either axed leaving or taking up other career options. So the staff will be slashed by a third... But I am waiting with bated breath to see WHEN the Nik's sister in law will quit as well and find another job. It has been rumored... Frequently.
What can I say, I am gutted that I was expelled because the Nik wanted to make some rapid changes. She fired, insulted, obliterated process and procedure, commanded the impossible to be done and done in double time... and now she pays the price. I KNOW the school is losing money, I know that I was holding my own and earning my pay - BUT things have a habit of being swept under the carpet in jolly old Russia...
doesn't matter really. I have 2 weeks to rest relax and ponder and then I am off to Germany to see some long missed friends for a week, then on to northern Poland...
Will the last person to leave the English School please turn off the lights - Obi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you say 'the rest of us'?
hydrocodone withdrawal

1:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...