Thursday, December 14, 2006

The long dark tea time of the soul

The long dark tea time of the soul - a phrased coined by Douglas Adams, famed British writer. Well this is exactly the phrase I feel.
Since being fired due to the company's owner returning from maternity leave I have seen the company shaken to its foundations and another teacher - Andrew abandon ship leaving only a skeleton crew. Management have gracefully given me tile Christmas day to leave and finish my classes and get the hell out of the apartment they provide.
I have been madly searching for jobs and come up with an eclectic variety of cities and countries willing to hire me in the new year.
I am rather disillusioned and amazed about what has happened but not surprised. In my career I have been fucked over by many people and circumstances again and again AND again, so by now if I cannot anticipate the punches I can at least roll with them.
Got a great offer to work in Kiev with a good mate, but if I do go I will be worried that I will lose my hard won knowledge of grammar and teaching will be lost. Then again - why not...
Heard from a friend today - it sounds like her life is settling down and life is finding it's centre for her. She is extremely odd is some of her views, but it is never the destination in life that is important (because we all die) it is the style and the way in which we achieve the final breath that counts, for some that is young and others ancient, but either way always the right time.
I have Cold Chisel's 'Cheap Wine' song spinning in my already spinning head - 7 pints is a nice number in anyone's language... But I am numbly philosophical...
Obi hascCheap wine and a 3 day growth... Ah the conciliatory sentiment - pass the cask!!
<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...