Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sleep O Death

woke up reluctantly at 8am and i didn't like it. I had to get the place ready for the owners inspection. Phil was gone and so I was there to face the music alone. she didnt kn ock, in fact she staarted unlocking the door herself, lucky I heard her coming because i quickly unlocked it from the inside and opened the door and said - Dobi Ootre. she introduced herself in russian and started around the place looking in cupbaords and general busy body stuff. Phil came home and when she left we had a nice cup of tea and a ham sandwich. It aint wonderbread but hey - it sure close and damn hard to find...

off to work on the 47 tram, Phillip had most of the day off but he still took me to the stop. I jumped on the tram, 15 roubles (50 c) and took the arduous journey to the campus I was teaching at. I did not havet he code for the door there so I had to get attention thru the window. I was expecting a conversation class for Olga and Pavel, but only pavel showed up. so 2 1/2 hours with a guy I didnt know at a level I did not know and text I did not know. He and turned out had a great time, he was pre intermediate but wanted to do business english after that course. So that was the last of Summer's classes there. 12.30 I took a walk in the rain and then the train to work, found my way no problem.

exhausted - I hung around at work all day - didnt do much except prepare the plan for summrs last evening class. Summer was a previous teacher that split suddenly last week, dunno the details. don't care really.

went to a late lunch with the Office administrator, Veronika. She speaks english almost flawlessly, quite the fun chatter and we talked about a few things I had seen in moscow that week. back to work and Julia had organised my internet connection for me nad it will be insatlled Sept 4th! I was so happy I almost hugged her.

I had to assess a new student today, 2 actually. a 9 year old girl sweet as a button and shy. Her brother Igor was in the lobby as she sat the test - seems he went to australia and wants to study at townsville university. excellent english - but as he kept saying between laughing and chatting - ' I haate english" - yeah right...

Assessed another lawyer who was super keen but was at pre intermediate. seemd okay but we will see.


The conversation class started and students to teh number of 5 dribbled in for their last conversation class of 8. I played guess the celebrity and some idioms and phrasal verbs and if a discussion began in the class I would encourage it between the students.

sashlick and beer

came home and fixed Phil's laptop - put office on it as well and he was so happy! We watched Dr Who (which he avidly LOVES) I bought a pirate copy of superman which I was adamant that must be in english - NOPE. there goes 120R

sleep -

Obi Outta tooown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...