Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wakey Wakey Ya Hair All Snake-ski!

slept reasonably well and woke up okay. I was invited to go paint balling by my boss she thought it a good team excerise, Of course she didnt tel us the cost of it and we had to pay at the end, but the welts were worth it for shooting at my coworkers!

After that and no food at all for at least 16 hours Phillip and I went to a uzbekistani restaurant and had chicken shazlick and salad from a salad bar. We walked uner the subway to the supermarket - which was surprisinglt much better than I expected. I bought $300 on groceries, just a comprehensive first buy really...

we are knackered as you would expect and later we are off to the corner to get a few beers to take home. The st petersberg brew that I like tastes remarkably like Hosten the german beer. Quite nice.

I rearanged my bedroom and sprayed the dusty mustiness with some lavender Glade I bought. smells like 30 years and I cannot really think how to clean my bed other than to have a guy come in and clean it professionally and keep the windows open a lot.

Supermarket has no plastic containers to stick in the freezer at all. Lots of vodka in fact a whole aisle and lots of cakes and buns etc but to find a loaf of fresh bread and you are a genius!

So there you have it... I still havent figured out the money and the cost of things but that is okay - I just have to be cautious.

I did go to an expat bar pretending to be an Irish bar, but was just dingy and cluttered. They do have an Aussie flag in there so cant be all bad. The beer was good and the bar maids were hot - supernova hot and knew it to, so that really spoils the whole eye candy thing...

I still have a bad habit of falling asleep on the trains. it is just a life long habit that I will have to break - I dunno the trains system yet or the language for that matter - so I have to keep the eyes peeled and countt he stops and memorise landmarks.

TV fuckin sux... I am hoping I can get DSL connected but from what I have been told the apartment owner has been a little reluctant in the past. Ideally an WIFI system would be good, but we will see.

made dinner tonight and it was spagetti bolognese-ski... not the greatest but at least ir was edible. Most russian Salads are mayonaise based so I am told and I just hate mayonaise. What about tomatoes, onion and romain lettuce with balsamic vinegar???! What happened to the basics??!

I have so many emails to write and an important issue to catch up on - my real estate agent needs my attention lets just say...

Gotta do a wash tomorrow and take my first class... Fun Fun Fun!

Obi got it goin'ooon!

1 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

ahhh! I've found another person who hates mayonnaise!! I love you! Wait, . . . no I don't, but I do hate mayonnaise.

2:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...