Saturday, August 26, 2006

Touchdown!

Well I landed at Sheremetyvo airport and customs was a breeze, in fact I was outta the airport under 40 minutes! So Nerrrr to LAX and JFK and Frankfurt airports!

HmMM - first about Russia... oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd oMyGawd!

I was picked up at the airport by my boss Ilona and her boyfriend Sergei. I warmed up to them straight away, very nice and genuine people. The weather was warm and I just stared out the window as the city blurred by. I chatted with Sergei a lot and learnt a few new words along the way.

We got to the apartment and I was informed that my house mate Phillip was actually at the same airport saying goodbye to a friend. The door lock stuck and after 35 minutes of trying and calling Phillip we decided it best to wait for Phillip to return and show us the unique dance and twist of the key that we needed to do to get the door open. Question One? Why does my apartment door have 2 doors?

Now I have been told that this apartment is free. and quite nice for the 2 bedroom it is. Looking around I see that it is in fact quite comfortable and even has it's own washing machine! I live on a prospekt that is about 10kilometres long and about 4 kilometres from work.

I have been to red square already and I was suitably impressed. it was a humid afternoon and it rained while we were there so we ducked into the shopping centre next door. I say 'we' because when Phillip got home I thought I would take him out for a beer and dinner and see some of the sights. It is good to make a good impression on your housemate and mentor I think and I think I made a good one! Phillip is full of handy information about where when what and how and quite a few good stories along the way.

I have been told that the old lady that owns this apartment is very nice but not open to new ideas. i.e. the

Today - because it is 5am - I am going to a team building thing with Sergei. We are going paint-balling!

First class is a intermediate Conversation class on monday night and I am looking forward to making a good impression on my students.

Obi kickin it on the east siiide!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...