Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Electric Lash & Trees In The Studio...

well I felt crap this morning whne I woke up - I have been sleeping poorly and not more than 4 hours at a time for the last few nights, I just put it down to being another jet lag and another adjustment.

this morning I woke up and phillip was gone for an early class. he had coached me on what to do and where to do the last few days and I had been given a plan.

We have 2 front doors. for some reason we have a fire door and then a normal wooden door in the same door frame. The lock on the fire door is a 4 bolt lock and has a special 4 sided key. quite weird but I must say I like teh security, we also have an alarm in the flat, but the land lady does not trust us to use it I have been told. ... anyway I digress. This morning I jumped out of bed when I saw the time, I had slept in a tad and wanted to make up the time so I got ready and all and then as I was about to leave, I found the key would noy open the lock on the fire door effectively locking me in the house. FRUSTRATION!

So I sms Phillip, who by 10am was finishing a class and said it was not a bother to come home and let me out, he is good like that very patient and very understanding.

he arrived and let me out and then said he had no other class for today so it was brunch and we had tea and left for a quest...

The quest to find a Dry cleaner! Now dry cleaning clothes in russia is a new and odd idea to them, supermarkets are a new idea to them for god;s sake so you can imagine the difficulty trying to find one. Yulia in the office the day before had given me a map and directions to find one and so I spent 90 minutes covering very shop in a strip mall of 400 metres. Many the pantomime and broken russian phrase with many the unhelpful person to discover that the dry cleaner was in the basement of a residential building BEHIND the strip mall. we finally found the entrance and much to our surprise found a plethora of clothing shops and the dry cleaner!! $38 US later I had the clothes in and I will pick em up in the speedy time of 4 days later...

off to work with phillip as he had a few things to do at the office and I planned a conversation class. found a free program that makes crosswords as that was the request of the day before... Phillip bought me a bellini - a thin russian pancake they make at the stall ( which happened to be like a carnival stall trailer like you would find seling hot dogs or fast food. I had Salmon... back to the office...

I sorted out a few things and sent some emails and then went up at 6.30 for the class. now of the 8 people in it, only 2 showed with fucked the dynamic I planned for. But the guys were quite good about it and I had fun with the things we planned anyway...

phillip had a late ineterview and so we went home together and I got more familiar with the way home.

a few beers tortellini and half a watermelon later it was bed time CRASH LANDING

Obi-crash! (not as good as the German movie - Polski-Crash)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...