Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Moscovites & Me

woke up today at 7 and figgited until 7.30 when I thought it wise to get up and have a shower. so all done and then I thought - "Iron my shirt!" well easier said than done. The Iron we have is old - and have no stream setting. it has been a long long age since I have used an iron that does not have a steam setting and it made Ironing my shirt a real shit! - I figured out a way and layed a damp towel over the shirt and then ironed it. This put moisture into the shirt and made it easier to iron - but still took 30 minutes! I gotta buy an iron! Come to think of it I have to buy bowls and cutlery too!! So many things and I need em all. i have been in the kitchen much to many people's surprise. I plan on being useful in that room of the house for the first time in my life...

I went off to work today with Phillip, followed him across andropov prospekt to the class he was taking at an ancillary campus we have. i just chatted to Irina and Ona the admin girls and checked the email etc.

Then it was a hot and humid walk back to andropov prospekt to the subway and a dance around the many lines to get to the main office on Prospekt Mira in the centre of the city, actually in the old stadium of the moscow games, our office is on the fourth floor up stairs.

Met everyone in the office again and it was good not to have to shoot at them. I went down to the teachers lounge with doubles as Yulia's office and we went over the contract. I resigned the contract as they had changed teh details since a few recent problems arose with Teachers etc. All the amendments seems fair and reasonable to me and I signed again. i picked a desk and I sat down and started researching and creating a plan for the first conversational class at 6.30pm. 90 minutes later it was over and I think I was a hit with the 17 - 20's crowd. hey - any positive feed back to admin on my first class will be gratefully accepted I say!

Then, because I was waitng for Phillip to finish, I sat in reception for 45 minutes and had a long laugh and chat with Veronica.

a crowded subway ride home and change of line a few times and a stop at the produkti - (small supermarket) for a few beers before Middleborough played portsmith and a few nice icy beers on thsi humid night. It is after midnight and I am tired but I don't really wanna sleep.

Tomorrow I have the same class again and i have to prepare something FUN for they they said... HmMm... what about an AK47 up the ass!!?

I have discovered that the exchange rate is rather good... so I am happy - the other day I thought I spend 200 US on groceries - turned out to actually be 60 US and for what I bought I was happy with that price.

The subways are a credit to the system, considering at peak they service nearly 10 million Moskovites and me.

Obi just so hip his bum fell off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...