Sunday, July 27, 2008

Disappointments

Howdeee Folks!
What an odd life I have. I am cut up about an unexpected expectation... quite.
I can't say why but it just affected me and I am shitty about it.
Tell me what you think...
I was told to pick up the new teacher from the train station on Friday (in my time off), which I did eventually and I did well with a warm greeting and carried her bags and took her to her new home and then as she waved goodbye I said, call me at 8pm if you are awake and want to see the city. She didn't call and I expected she would be tired. so I let that go.
It was also agreed to meet up at 12 on saturday so I could take her to a few shops to get her the things she needs and show her the school... no call either. Now I started to get worried because she was 36 hours without sleep and laughed at everything. She understood me alright but I was worried she had freaked out and jumped ship - of course i would be blamed for that.
On Sunday evening I walked to her house and rang her buzzer and no answer, a short chat with the senior teacher and I washed my hands of the situation.
Time check 10pm - my phone rings and it is her asking for directions to the school and what to do, she recounted her weekend and that she had met up with some people and hung out with them all weekend and had a nasty hangover on sunday - all of which I suspect was her excuse not to call me. The nervous giggle that I find far too many armericans have and she tries to charm me. I was having none of that, so I referred her to speak to a co teacher that lives in the building with her and to get instructions on how to walk the 6 blocks to work. (quite an odd path and impossible to describe). I gave her the info - 10am appointment senior teacher and that was it.
Now please tell me, Am I wrong to be a little pissed off? Am I wrong to have already wiped her from the "be nice to these people" list? Well either way I have. she can be other peoples buddies and chums. For a person I was willing to offer the standard coworker friendship to, she now ain't getting it...
Any comments anyone?/ was I right to wrong? Obi


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advice is: dont have such high expectations! You offered her the hand of friendshsip, its up to her to take it or not. You did the right thing and was nice and helpful, but if she doesnt take up your offer, thats her decision - but you have lost nothing in the offer!!! Good on you for being so friendly - lots of people wouldnt be. Hopefully one day she will return the favour to you, or maybe to someone else. If you expect a certain response from her then get annoyed or miffed when it doesnt occur, then you are giving the power over your emotions to her. Detach dear friend, detach!

9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...