Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sore head

Not so much a hang over - I prevented that with 2 and a half litres of water last night, but the never ending stream of kamikaze's that were on the table - the interesting thing was that at one point we had every shot glass in the bar on our table... and the staff were hovering around to get them back.
I went out last night to an impromptu gathering of my students for an end of year congratulatory drinks. Well I went with a small night in mind but it ended up a bigger epic than 300!
This morning came and went and I woke and had a class. tho no one told me that my following class had ended. I was all prepared to have a lesson and this class was complete - see the office has no communication. Why hand me a 6 page document IN POLISH at the start of last year and expect me to know what happens or even when public holidays are... I have been caught off guard without a plan when some public holidays have come. Also if i don't work I don't get paid (an hourly rate only). My boss seems to think that it is quite okay to employ me as my primary job on a hourly rate. All his other teachers have a full time job and this is a second and they are happy, They choose to work 20 + 20 hours a week. Its a choice and within choice there is power. With me, I am just told my hours are increasing or changing - an inequity observation.
I will miss my students, I came to some point in familiarity and knowing that I will see them each week. Now I will not see them, I will miss their stories and their goings ons in their lives and I will wonder... Sniff..
Today I will start packing and planning. I have been offered a job in South Poland and one in Spain so I have to make my decisions very quickly. My new conditions and pay rise will be a lot for my boss to swallow, but if he is smart he will sign it accept it and I will stay and finish things, if not he will be caught with his pants down... Obi making plans...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...