Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another day in Para-Life

"its like Phil Collins, but not as we know it..."
I have been trapped indoors for 3 days now and I am going well loopy. This flu thing is just so old fashion and so over rated. I really need to discover next seasons New Black.
An angel bearing beer came to my door today and that is always nice. Ironically this town is not connected to Mains Gas so I run my stove on a gas cylinder and it has served me well these last 11 and a half months but this morning I found it empty half way through cooking something... a good run but I am still outta gas and tomorrow is not a work day in Poland and so I will have to wait until the 2nd on Jan to do anything about it.
Another dilemma, a student and a good friend has started developing an uncomfortable interest in me and it seems everyone around her notices this except her. Her husband whom I am also friends with has been rather short and gruff of late and it is because he knows of his wife's attraction to me. I have no idea if it has been discussed but no one has asked me and I think that is an important factor - strangely... I will have to deal with this in a sensitive but professional way... I will work it out.
I am so angry of late, fuelled by frustration. This town has reached its limits with me and I am ready to spread my wings and get the hell outta Dodge. I have some friends here, but nothing to tie me down. So I must make a plan or even 3 plans.
Today I spent with my tissues and sniffly nose on my sofa with a copy of 19th century prose. Nothing distracts you from a good headache more than a complex and paradoxical verse with excellent use of word and imagery. I am sure some of my friends out there are calling me a few feminine names but hey, read the stuff and tell me it isn't relevant in some form of fashion to your life.
I had a good chat with my old students in Moscow yesterday, I miss those kooky girls, when I left they were wildly distracted 15 year olds. Now them seem to be maturing as I can tell from their thoughts and ideas. Some sweet kids.
London Calling - I have a burning urge to go somewhere I can read the signs and news papers and get fish and chips, understand people and just generally get away from it all. realise it or not, there is a daily pressure that hangs on my head, the fact that everything is in a different paradigm than mine. Culture tradition, language and style, I cope with this daily but it does take its own kind of effort to get through...
I spoke to my mate in Moscow today and the wedding is set for the end of April, it will be great to see the old town again and all my friends.
Lots of Christmas photos were taken and I like 90% of them. I have yet to see the ones of me in a Santa suit giving gifts to children, but I am sure they will be great!!
Two great things about Poland are their strawberries and tomatoes. They are the best I have ever had in my life.
I have been scouring Facebook, or as my close friend likes to call it Crackbook, it is interesting, but to be honest I would much rather design my own web page and get things done than the way Facebook is put together, far too many gimmicky things that would only truly appeal to 14 year old Japanese teenagers and misguided Chinese kids. The rest of us should have a clue that passing on Zooks and rating hotties is a huuuge waste of time and belittles our brain capacities. But hey kids, if the shoe fits ya, then wear it...
I have been reconnected to MSN ICQ and Skype the last few days and it is good to be able to bounce off satellites and whiz around the globe from my chair and chat with friends. I made a new friend whom I am hoping will become a close friend, I have a good instinct about her, but only time will tell, she seems like she has a rich and active life that covers so much and is filled with great happiness. I look forward to learning more about her and her island home.
Caught up with an dear old High School friend the other day, he is doing remarkably well in life and business. I always knew he would do well, he had that focus on what he wanted in the future look about him, even in high school. I am proud to know him and I am sure my life will only benefit from having him in it.
Another old high school friend met an Aussie girl and married her in my home city last week. Wow - what are the odds of that, considering I went to High School on the other side of the planet in the Valley of Silicon in California. I wish him well in his new country and new life. Live in love forever my friend you deserve it!
My beard that I have been growing for the past month now is getting out of hand. I need a professional trim bad. Yes folks I ma spoilt, my dad is a retired barber and so I would always have a ready professional to trim up my face art any time I needed it. But here in Po-land I don't have that luxury. so I will ask my hairdresser if she can't NOT destroy my face with her clippers... next year.
So folks that is my lot for the day, I am bored enough to write for another 3 hours but I don't wanna punish you by making you read it all. PEACE - OBI

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there, Happy New Year. Hope the new year brings happiness and contentment. Love, Carolyn

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...