Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday Friday Keep ya nose Tidy!

The woosh of the truck outside has me hypnotised. I am sitting comfortably inside knowing the strong winds outside are pushing the wind chill past -15.
I couldn't start my car thursday morning, the cold had done its work on the motor, now I tried to start it, with no success, but this little bunny is from a country that has no appreciable snow of any kind, I think I was 9 before I went to the mountains the first time and saw snow... I digress...
I jumped in a taxi and had a modest class of 2 students, seems the new year bear has yet to release it's hibernating grip on the rest of my students. Ironically I learnt today from a conversation with my boss, that the Company I am contracted to has yet to pay a bill and I have been there more than 3 months. I was quite dismayed at that fact. My conversation with my boss wondered into other topics and I gleened his plans for the new year and he all but encouraged me to go on holiday in February for a few weeks. This I may do but it really is up to him to actually have work for me to do and in this regard he is letting me down. I certainly could go to germany and visit some dear friends but I am reluctant to go out of my frantic saving habit... Ya never know when you need money.
My car needs some maintainence and I am useless with a wrench, so I will have to trust that mechanic again that didn't fix my car the first time.
Hairstyles and clothes for that matter in this country are really quite odd. The hairstyles hairdressers are dumb enough to wear have diagonal fringes and short stark bobs and odd tinting, as much as to say to their clientel, LOOK I CANT DO THIS TO YOUR HAIR AS WELL!!
Clothes are strange and some of the patterns and materials used, well, you really have to question their motives, the result is tragic and often post tram driver chic is the target.
I stick to the jeans and nice shirts thing and try not to be neon as aI have seen people here wear in the middle of winter.
Today I have a MBA student class discussing Geert Hofstede. An interesting man and his work is great for class based discussion: Comparitive national and business cultures.
I was thinking about a certain someone who must be flittering across the Atlantic and home by now. Snow is snow no matter where you go, but hey - at least your feet will be warm and fashionable in new Ugg boots! - Obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...