Thursday, January 17, 2008

Poker Face at the O.K. Negiotiation Table

High noon... more like high time. My contract finishes in a week and I had to prompt my boss to sign a new contract, I did ask for new conditions as paid hourly is not good at holiday times or cancelled classes... I also asked for a pay rise...
I dealt the cards and put on my poker face and then waited... and waited... the show down came and it was a flat unequivical no.
So I am packing up these here saddle bags and hitting the trail pardners... I will miss elements of this town but not all of it. I have applied for a billion jobs elsewhere mostly closeby, also France and Spain and Italy. I have one interview tomorrow that is all for the moment but I am expecting many more...
My work visa in Poland finishes in July and I was going to ask someone that if she was finished her schooling for the year, at about the same time, that she may like to join me for a few weeks in Spain Italy or France... my treat! We always have fun when we travel together and I am sure this summer would be no exception, so... I will ask her... I know she can't make any promises and she has a great job, but you never know what June will bring...
Just think the summer sun, the beach, sangria and me... ( well 3 outta 4 ain't bad! - hahah)
Obi Rogers - knowing when to hold em, when to fold em and when to stroll casually away...

1 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

you got that song in my head . . . ah well . . . goood luck with everything!

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...