Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thoughts from 1.15am...

... I settled into sleep and avoided thoughts painful to remember and struggled for sleep.
Down the hallway outside the apartment I hear the all too familiar staggering of business shoes. I hear the usually fumble with the lock for the door for 4 minutes as he tries to recall how the little metal thing and the door are related and then I see the door open and my house mate is being carried by one of the young friends at the pub.
This sincere and nice guy carried my house mate home and was struggling to reason with an alcoholic the whole time. This bright young man looked dejected as the hero he saw revealed himself to be the waif like drunkard. He handed his care off to me and then left dejected shaking his head...
Now my house mate wandered around for quite a few minutes as I convinced him to go to bed but he was having none of that. He wanted to smoke and stay awake.
Now the last time my house mate went for a smoke in this particular state he fell down a steep flight of stairs and bruised his hip and sprained his wrist. So in all good intentions I put my foot down to this man in a child like state and said - "it's nearly 2am, so to sleep. tomorrow is another day." To which he got quite angry and told me that he does not take orders, he gives them to the senate and he is the emperor of Rome and I should respect him or lose my head.
At this point he had offered me his keys and I took them and locked our front door. He struggled with the door and yelled at me for some time longer and then started cursing me for locking him in. I went to bed and smelt smoke from his room and asked if he was okay and or smoking (which we agreed he wouldn't do in this house. So I questioned him, as you do a drunk childlike asshole and at 2.45am convinced him to sleep and that I had classes at 9am in the morning.
Exhaustion finally got him and he went to sleep. I tried to rest but the sadness and the repulsive disrespect I held for this man kept me from any fitful sleep.
The time is now 11 hours after he went to bed and he is still not awake yet. I have gone to work shopping met friends and come home and he is still unconscious as is his habit. Sleep at 4am up at 3pm...
I am not sure what to do and I need my dear readers advice -
1. Should I tell our boss that I cannot cope any longer (because this sort of thing happens 3 times a week.)
2. Should I break his jaw and love the release and kick him into a bloody pulp.
3. Do I wait and grit my teeth and cope with this for the next few weeks and allow the contract and students to be satisfied...
4. Should I email his mother and tell her to prep some rehab for him when he arrives home...
Please - Leave a comment as i need advice!
Obi barely in control!

2 Comments:

Blogger raindog71 said...

I pick option 1 and 4 together.

12:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bradley go tell your boss and get him kicked out of there!!! i would! and i would not even think for a minute if i should do that or not! screw the (*&%$&^@%&%^&*!

5:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...