Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

The plan for the next few daze is to get this place cleaned up and get my little ducks in a row. That simply means sweeping moping and scrubing and alike.

The rental agent wants to show someone thru this place already. sure i have a sweet location but they are almost pushing me out the door.
A setback was when the assistant to the landlady called me and informed me that I m unable to give notice until the end of a 12 month period and only then can I submit a 90 days. That sounds odd to everyone I have spoken to. A year contract is a year... 15 months is something different.
The drivers license I must get is from scratch - that means about 8 - 10 lessons and at least 500 euros, that is only for the practical test, the theoretical is also needed. I am just lucky I dont have to do it in German... a small blessing.

Now I have been driving for 20 years and they want me to do it all from scratch, and get new glasses and do a first aid course and get all documents like my current drivers license translated and also addition letter from the RTA to exactly specify when I got my license, the precise date... that translated too - it is 30 euro a shot for a translation.

Is my job really worth all this crap?? ...and on top of that my boss has given me until the end of May to have all this done, all at the same time my family is visiting me. Is life ever easy?

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...