Sunday, October 26, 2008

October's End Is Nigh...

Never been a good month for me and that fact always reaffirms itself.
The weather has changed and the rainy days are becoming more frequent. That is okay I have a great raincoat and need to buy a new umbrella... 2 Euros, who can go wrong.
Today I helped a friend and her boyfriend paint her new flat. I must admit I was not relishing the idea of a roller and white paint, but I committed to it and so I went. We spent about 3 hours 2 coats of paint and finally the hideous bright yellow underneath was 99% gone.
I walked home with a sense of achievement and a friend helped. Anything to take my mind of the rolls and tumbles or R'October.
1. Good news was mum and dad were coming to visit. That was cancelled much to my disappointment
2. The promise of an airfare came as a replacement idea and that was squashed by the already fully booked airlines and the ones that could take me wanted more than 4000 euro return, I said no. I was flattered by the idea that my family wanted to see me but I cannot justify ripping 4000 Euros out of their pocket and considering the exchange rate - I am glad I didn't.
3. Met a girl and fell madly in (something??!) but played it really cool. She then flipped out for other reasons in her life and threw the baby out with the bath water - me. So I was quite crushed by that sad even. The worst thing is I work with her and now I have to look at her and speak to her nearly every day. and of course the cutting cliché that stupid non emotionally mature women come out with was said... "Can’t we just be friends?" well I am not interested in another relegation to second place and metaphorical castration... no thanks. So I said no.
4. The schedule at work as been utterly chaotic and from the extreme - I can't get work in the first half of the week and at the end of the week they wanna load me up to a stupid 13 hour day. - In fact a few of them. That plus a long list of "What shits me about working for this company is...", and I got fed up and was so close to quitting that my colleagues actually told me to go home and be sick for a few days. I called the boss and arranged a meeting and spilled it all in no poetic language. You see, the thing is that the 2 other main pillars of the teaching staff will be exiting very hastily. I am not the only one with a long list of complaints, coincidently I googled my company name and my bosses names and lo and behold, internet forums going back to before 2004 from teachers that had worked for my company and had the SAME complaints as I do... I am sure many of you are thinking I am harping on or exaggerating, but evidence suggests otherwise. I rang the competition and will likely have a new employer in the city next year.
5. German friends... it is an oxymoron. Yes I will say that I have some great friends in Erfurt, but they are hundreds of kilometres away. The locals here, I cannot say in the time I have been here in Germany I have made any more. Germans are impossible to get close to. All the people I am close to or know are NOT German. What books can I read or advice can I take that will help me change this situation, I am sick of staring out the window on the weekends... Yo Germans -prove me wrong.
6. I was soo angry and boredt he other day, Friday night, that I assessed all my classes and planned for every class one month ahead, now if you are a teacher, you will know how much work that is. I had time. I had far too much time.
The plan is simple - last long enough to get out of my ironclad apartment lease. Plan to go back to Poland for a better quality of life.
One day at a time - Obi...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...