Monday, October 06, 2008

10 'Weaks' Til Christmas

First day back and I had a nice easy start, though I must say that I am still quite absent in many respects.
Being asked to give examples and contrast past perfect continuous and present prefect continuous was a tall order and although I did it, I didn't do it to any satisfaction, besides it wasn't the classes topic for that evening anyway...
I asked a student in the class tonight to give me a definition of what courageous was - he said and I quote - "...its like when I call you and asshole to your face.", and he meant it. He was the only one of the class that had the dictionary malfunction that actually turned up - so outta 6 students 1student came.
I really wonder why I am a teacher sometimes. The professional I am, I was not hurt that I had been kicked to the curb by this obtuse class, I knew it was just the one student who instigated this.
Another anomaly to me is the attentions of a girl whom I encountered a month ago in town. She knew I went away and now that I am back from the UK seems to be all the more interested in me... Women perplex me...
What else can I tell you? I have no idea... I am tired and jaded but refreshed - does that make any sense to anyone?
Off to bed - Obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...