Sunday, October 05, 2008

Let forever be

I have not written here for a long time and it seems like months have past. I have just returned from a holiday in England, I spent a lot of time in contemplation and read Philosophy and in small coffee shops and talking briefly with random people (because I could, it’s a rare occasion I can just chat off the cuff with people as I don't speak German and few speak English well enough for a random chat, but Germans as I discovered are not really into the random chatter thing anyway.)
My holiday asked more questions than it answered, but I was grateful for the quiet mind it gave me. For structure I turned to a book I have read many time and recommend to anyone.
The life's works of Plato, Aristotle, Seneca and Epicurus summaries and updated for a modern reader that doesn’t want to be bogged down by the Latin translations and 17th century English. It is just a great read that flows and gets you thinking.
Having said that, I took comfort in realising that many a great mind over the past 2000 years has had difficulty with coming to terms with the tangible and abstract and the folly of balancing them. I don't mean to imply hear that I am great thinking, I am by no means more or less than the norm in this human condition.
The time away offered me time to look at things literally from a distance and assess my place in the life I have created. The answers are not in yet but they are sifting through my subconscious.
Tomorrow a new day at work and 10 weeks til Christmas by my school calendar.
One of the things now on my list is to do a CELTA certificate in the early New Year. This of course will increase my options as a native speaker English teacher, but how much longer will I take this career path? I can’t be sure. But the answers are coming to me...
Obi - over and out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...