Thursday, September 13, 2007

Uncertain Smile

Well the week is over and the the cooler winds are becoming more brazen in the races up my street and through my life. The seasons have definitely changed. My parents are enjoying their time here in my small town and have met some of the quality people I know. Dinner out tonight is just one example.
I put in a lot of work today on the proposal and curriculum for the new in-company project. It still looks like I will be utterly swamped but as long as I look snappy and dapper as the Titanic sinks then I will be okay...
Been spending much less time than I would like in the favourite corner of my mind in my favourite memories this past 2 weeks, and much like a drug, I am missing my time there and my feelings of warmth and comfort. I heard an old and well loved song today and it was an express ticket to my fav place. I think the imagery in the lyrics is enough for me. I remember listening to it on long evenings when I was younger and just loving it...
Uncertain Smile - The The (Matt Johnson)
Peeling the skin back from my eyes, I felt surprised that the time on the clock was the time I usually retired to the place where I cleared my head of you; but just for today, I think I'll lie here and dream of you.
I've got you under my skin where the rain can't get in, but if the sweat pours out, just shout I'll try to swim and pull you out.
A howling wind blows the litter as the rain flows, as street lamps pour orange colored shapes through your window, a broken soul stares from a pair of watering eyes, uncertain emotions force an uncertain smile...
I've got you under my skin where the rain can't get in, but if the sweat pours out, just shout I'll try to swim and pull you out.
You know who you are and so do I. Obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...