Thursday, August 30, 2007

Communication Channels

I was surprised to find a message in a bottle for me. No, not a bottle of Alcohol, I barely have a beer a week now, a bottle from across the sea...
I read its contents and set adrift my own message with all the energy of loves lost hope can bring I tossed it back into the ocean and the waves quickly swallowed it.
Today I had to prepare for an appointment tomorrow with my boss to one of the local big companies. It seems my boss sent them a proposal for me to teach them a few hours a week. This time I was at least consulted on a few things about it, not thrown in the deep end as per past experience. so I guess there is progress.
I have been exceptionally depressed of late, I am embarrassed to say that I have barely left my house and it now has become comfortable not to. Although the new school year is starting and bouquets of sharpened pencil and fresh notepads will adorn the desks of my students my interest in teaching and most things has withered away. I will continue to do my work, I will continue to do all the things I need to do but I will think of other things and wish myself to be in other places. in fact I have even been starting to look for jobs at home again. I have a residence permit here in Poland but ironically no desire to be here at all anymore.
So where am I? I am at the start of a new semester. I am 2 weeks away from my parents arriving. I am struggling to focus on what needs to be done. I read today a great phrase in a book I am reading today. - 'Day-tight Compartments' - isolate the day from all others past and future and focus on what is at hand. so I will take that advice and I will throw myself into it.

Obi breathing deep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...