Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back at the grind stone

So here is the picture so far...
I am just about to finish my first week back at school. The turn out for this weeks classes I must say is quite pitiful, considering all the students have free lessons courtesy of the EU. and they signed contracts to attend. Having said this one entire class did not turn up. and many classes were on a skeleton crew.
I have told the administrator at school to send out a group email to all students and put a fire under them by reminding them that classes have started and that there is a contractual obligation and or fines if they are not there. Aside from this it is an insult to me and a waste of my time.
My boss, good bless him, is a concerned man but contradictory. during the summer i didn't answer his call one day, damn it I was on holiday. so he SMS 6 time and called another 6 and I started to get quite annoyed. to make matters worse he then turns up at my apartment door and knocks incessantly for 15 minutes ...
When I spoke to him the following day he claimed that he thought I had had a heart attack or suicided and he was worried, this was his justification for harassing me on my vacation... Now this is no justification at all. He then went on to ask me for the second set of keys for my house. NO Fucking WAY!
So this man, worried about my health and I have had some health problems then turns around the following week and loads me up with this contract to teach in company - this has expanded my comfortable 26 hours a week of teaching to a massive 41. This is bloody ridiculous! I am not in Europe to work my ass off, I can do that at home. I am here to do a little work and cruise and enjoy a quieter life and examine my own...
On top of this he tells me to arrange all my other classes around the new contract and manage it myself. Talk about being thrown in the deep end. He wants me to be more autonomous but at the same time ignores the fact that I can't communicate with many people or organise the simplest things like ordering a pizza over the phone!
The administrator in the office is as helpful as a blind ballet teacher and I am getting more and more frustrated and I am only in week one!
One of my co teachers whom I dislike but rely on quite heavily in classes has not been present or contactable for weeks and I was worried. Now I just don't care.
More than anything now I just want to be left alone. My parents are finishing their world wind European trip with me and I begged the to come earlier but they didn't. So my boss is also ticked off that i am taking time away from some classes and delaying the beginnings of others to spend time with them. He is so contradictory, he said it was all okay for me to rearrange the schedule...
Also I live in a massive 8 room apartment that costs an arm and a leg. i need to move and find something cheaper, my boss professed to want to help but he and his staff have done nothing at all... I am a very independent guy but sadly in this situation I cannot do without help from others. I need it and I am just not getting it...
how fuckin frustrated am I?? Obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/farting.mp3" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://stormii.com/Wavs/3yrsold.vav" LOOP=0> <BGSOUND SRC="http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/sounds/reilly/7-Gambit/moscow.vav" LOOP=0>
I - Obi...